Saab Seaeye Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saab Underwater Systems AB. The company was formed in 1986 by Ian and Janet Blamire to specialise in the manufacture of electrically powered Remotely Operated Vehicles, ROVs, for the offshore oil and gas industry.
Since then Seaeye has led the way in many breakthrough ROV innovations, in particular:
- Brushless DC motor technology for ROV thrusters
- Polypropylene ROV chassis
- Carbon fibre electronics pods (on Panther Plus)
- Distributed intelligence and modular ROV control systems
- New power distribution concept for deep water applications
Saab Seaeye has delivered over 800 vehicles to date and has become the benchmark by which all electric powered ROVs are compared today.
Benefits of working with Saab Seaeye:
- DNV ISO 9001 accredited company.
- Long established products with proven track record which have been constantly improved over many years.
- Over 800 Saab Seaeye vehicle systems sold.
- High quality customer service / offshore support, including 24h emergency contact number and comprehensive stock holding.
- Worldwide network of experienced representatives.
- Innovative engineering team using powerful design tools.
- Customised solutions to meet client requirements.
- Comprehensive production & test facilities.
- Experienced project management.