ELECTRONIC WATERJET & VESSEL CONTROL SYSTEMS
HamiltonJet also designs and manufactures hydraulic and electronic control components for all the waterjet models.
Our electronic control systems can integrate with a range of other vessel systems, such as engine and gearbox controls, Autopilot, Voyage Data Recorders and Dynamic Positioning (DP) Systems to provide complete vessel manoeuvring control.
HamiltonJet offers the following options of Electronic Controls for small Jet and large Jet applications
CLICK ON THE BROCHURES BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HAMILTONJET’S CONTROL SYSTEMS
ADVANCED VESSEL CONTROL
HAMILTONJET® understand that your vessel’s performance is mission critical. That’s why our mission is to deliver systems that work in any situation you face.
We have redefined marine waterjet control with the modular AVX suite, allowing you to configure a network of controls to meet the demands of your build. Whether that means maximising space with a compact installation, reducing operator fatigue with automated features, or ensuring safety with multiple system redundancies, AVX is the solution.
JETanchor provides a range of new capabilities with two automatic operational modes: ‘station keeping’ and ‘virtual anchor’ mode.
The JETanchor positioning system (with a new MouseBoat) is in addition to the current blue ARROW features and will allow marine operators the ability to use the new automatic modes for many operational requirements, as well as the existing manual manoeuvring modes
JETANCHOR POSITIONING SYSTEM WILL PROVIDE OPERATORS WITH BENEFITS
- More accurate station keeping than can be done manually
- Significant reduction in operator workload
- Reduction of crew fatigue & noise levels during standby operations
- Reduction of operational crew numbers
- Improves safety and reduces fuel consumption
- Accurate GPS positioning for survey work, ROV deployments, etc.
- The ‘Station Keeping’ mode gives the operator the ability to automatically hold vessel position more accurately than is possible using manual control
- Selecting ‘Virtual Anchor’ mode allows the system to set a single GPS point mooring for hands-free standby operations keeping the vessel in a comfortable position
- Low speed precision MouseBoat manoeuvring control of a vessel with one hand.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS – BLUE ARROW XCI
JETanchor is now available for USV applications with blue ARROW XCI.
The XCI features a protocol & binding to SAE J1939 that can be used from third party monitoring and control systems
A REVOLUTION IN WATERJET CONTROL SYSTEMS
blueARROW is a new generation electronic control system for HamiltonJet powered boats. With the intuitive control provided by the MouseBoat manoeuvering controller, blueARROW allows even inexperienced boaters to harness the full manoeuvering benefits of waterjets by providing simple control of engine throttle, gearbox and waterjet reverse and steering deflectors.
Unlike other electronic waterjet control systems, blueARROW is a complete waterjet and controls package. blueARROW incorporates single or twin waterjet units, jet control interfaces, engine throttle and gearbox control interfaces, together with helm station control devices.
In addition, blueARROW has many safety features including multiple levels of redundancy and a fully independent smart backup, together with comprehensive diagnostics and alarms, making it the safest and most reliable control system of its type.
blueARROW is suitable for commercial applications, workboats, military craft and pleasure yachts. Like all of HamiltonJet’s quality propulsion products, blueARROW is installed and supported by the company’s network of Distributors and service agents in over 55 locations around the world.
- Features the MouseBoat manoeuvering controller
- blueARROW is currently available with Hamilton Waterjet models HJ292, HJ322, HJ364 and HJ403
- Suitable for Single and Twin installations in monohulls or catamarans
- Vessel length: 8-16 metres (guide only – some vessels outside this range may be suitable)
- Vessel Weight: 3-30 tonnes
- Engine Input Power Range: 200-900kW (270-1340hp)
- RPM Range (at waterjet mainshaft): 1200-3000rpm
MODULAR ELECTRONIC CONTROL SYSTEMS – MECS
MECS is a software configurable control system for waterjet steering and reverse, engine throttle, and gearbox control.
Comprised of a number of standard modules which may be connected together in vaying combinations to build a vessel control system.
MECS is available on HamiltonJet models HJ422 to HM811 and on HT810 to HT1000 inclusive, in the following system configurations:
- Single Jet
- Twin Jets
- Triple Jets
- Triple Jet, Centre Boost
- Quadruple Jets
- Quintuple Jets, Centre Boost
In addition, it is possible to use MECS on two different jet models within the same installation where there are Centre Boost jets.
MECS can be configured to suit up to 6 control stations. The modular nature of the MECS system means each station can be configured differently.